Generally reviews on my blog appear because I’ve read, seen or heard something that I feel is worth commenting on. Suggestions are welcome but this is my blog so there’s no guarantee I will act on a suggestion.
If you wish to send an item for review, the following policy applies:-
- Enquire first by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is unlikely I will review an item on my blog if have I already reviewed or am due to review it elsewhere.
- A free review copy should be supplied.
- If any guidelines are sent regarding the suggested length of my review, style or layout of review or providing anchor text for links, these will be ignored.
- I will provide at least one link to a site where the item can be bought. Generally the link will be the image and/or in the review itself.
- I may add additional links to other sites if I feel it appropriate.
- Review items are sent on the understanding I may not like them and my subsequent review will reflect this.
- Bribes will not influence my decision about the item under review. No reviews on this blog are paid for.
- I will review self-published/produced items but require details of where the item can be bought.
- If I do not know you and you do not have a web presence, I will be more likely to refuse to review the item.
- I reserve the right not to review any unsolicited items, ie items sent without an enquiry first. If you have enquired first and I have agreed to review the item, I will review it.
Below is a breakdown of books reviews by author gender (currently 68% female and 32% male) and genre (currently 52% novels, 44% poetry and 2% non fiction).